Epic uses Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFeP) batteries for electric vehicle conversions. The battery cells utilize the latest advancements in nanotechnology.
Theses cells are very safe in normal operation, DO NOT cause fires as the early Lithium Phospate batteries.
The selected batteries solve the Safety concerns of being in an Electric Vehicle (EV) / Electric Car Conversion Kit, every cell has a built-in safety device if punctured or damaged, will vent to the atmosphere making the cell much safer.
Do the batteries have a warranty?
- Yes, currently 3 years; extended warranties are also available.
How long do the batteries last?
- 10 years / 200,000 KM (124,275 miles) [calculated based on 100km battery pack]
- 2000 charges & discharges at 100%
- This means approximately 10 years of normal use 200,000 KM (124,275 miles)
- Normal use is defined as 20,000km/year (12,500 miles/year)
- After 10 years, the batteries will retain 80% capacity for 3000 additional cycles, that is an additional 240,000km
Do you use 12V Lead Acid Batteries?
- NO WE DO NOT! Our reasons:
- Lead Acid Batteries do not allow as many charge & discharge cycles as advanced lithium batteries
- Lead Acid batteries degrade after 300 charge cycles in an electric car until they expire, approximately 1.5 -2 years of driving
- Not cost effective to change your battery pack every two years
- Lead Acid is HEAVY, and reduces your range, doesn’t supply continuous power